Today is International Carrot Day
How perfect that this year’s date aligns with Easter. If you are looking for a side dish, this quick and easy crowd pleaser is a hit with all ages!
Carrots are actually part of the parsley family and carrot tops make delicious pesto so the entire carrot from your garden or CSA box is designed for pleasure. Stay tuned as I’m sure I’ll feature the recipe when I have untrimmed carrots.
FYI these carrots look defective because they are organic but you can notice their nice, uniform size.
1 lb carrots
1 ½ Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp honey
½ tsp red pepper flakes (or less if you want less spice)
- Line a sheet pan with foil and place in oven. Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Peel carrots; diagonally slice ½” crosswise.
- Spray foil with cooking spray. Arrange carrots in a single layer on pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and honey. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Carrots should be just tender.