Creating a vision board brings a strategic and persuasive method to replace limiting beliefs about what you can be or do with empowering beliefs about what is possible!
Power of Vision Boards
- The visual keeps your desires, dreams and end-stage outcomes front and center
- Can reduce cortisol levels – you know that fight or flight response – offer positive affect at a subconscious level
- It brings to life personal aspirations. In the act of making a collage you infuse the creative and visual process with your very unique goals. The successful realization of dreams and goals literally feels real.
5 Tips to Create YOUR Vision “Board”
- Explore dimensions that work for you – a bulletin board or flat surface is only one idea. Make a book, clip pictures to a “clothesline” for your wall and add texture if it fits. Jim Carey wrote himself a HUGE check with a note for acting services rendered.
- Clip pictures that capture the spirit of who you will be in your successful attainment of your vision. My board has a confident happy woman who is having fun giving a speech.
- Include images of obstacles. Research has shown that visualizing easy success or what is “low-hanging” fruit lowers motivation.
- Create a secret board on Pinterest. Pinterest abounds with visuals and quotes.
- Consider digital. Two sites I like are www.dreamitalive.com and the free app iWish.
“Creative visualization is real. It’s a powerful force that works to shape future outcomes”
~ Harvard Medical School
The most important decision is to select the medium you will view at least once a day. The POWER is in changing your BELIEFS!