Holiday parties are in full swing – time for good cheer and good food. Today I am offering:
5 tips to Mindfully enjoy a party
5 tips to Mindlessly eat better at a party
5 Mindful Eating Party Tips
- Survey all of the options for food and drink before picking up a glass or plate
- Select the special foods unique to the holiday
- Look at your plate and determine the 20% margin that you could do without and still be completely satisfied
- Savor a glass of water between each alcoholic beverage
- Face away from the food
5 Mindless Party Eating Reduction Tips
- Larger portion does not = more satisfaction
- Use the smallest plate and cup available
- Keep the evidence of the fact that you ate for a little bit to remind yourself that you ate and are likely satisfied.
- Pre-plan whether you want to overeat OR savor food and enjoy the company, scenery or entertainment.
- Blunt overwhelming hunger before arriving with a very small snack
Social situations aka Holiday Parties present ‘Distracted Eating Opportunities’ wrapped with a gorgeous bow! When you unwrap the distracted eating package, Sweet, Salty and Sour foods have less intense flavors so people consume larger amounts!!!